The following terms and conditions are applicable to any works completed by Absolute Fencing & Decking Commercial Ltd. This includes any quoted work, amendments and modifications.
1. Scope of work
1.1 The customer is to indicate the boundary lines, underground cables and pipes before work commences and the quote is drawn up on this assumption. Absolute Fencing & Decking Commercial Ltd (AFDC) accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses or future disputes, which the customer may have with the owner(s) of neighbouring properties or other parties as a result of works which it carries out on or within the boundaries, cables or pipes that the client has indicated to us.
1.2 The customer is solely responsible for obtaining any planning permission required, including the preparation and submission to the local authority of any necessary applications. AFDC takes no responsibility for losses or damages incurred as a result of failed planning permission or the customer requiring planning permission in retrospect
1.3 The scope of work included in the quote is based upon the existing site at the time of viewing. The scope will itemise all works agreed.
1.4 Unless specified, waste removal is not included in the quote and waste removal becomes the responsibility of the customer.
2.1 All quotations are valid for 30 days and may be subject to alterations after that date.
2.2 The quotation is the best estimation of price based upon the existing site and layout at the time of viewing.
2.3 Acceptance of the quote is an acceptance of the terms and conditions.
2.4 Only the work described in the quotation is included; the supply of any other materials, waste removal, modifications to the scope or labour costs to carry out such works other than stated within the quotation is excluded.
2.5 Any alteration, modification or extras beyond the work specified in the quotation may be liable for an additional cost, which will be agreed by both parties prior to being undertaken.
2.6 No allowance is made in the quotation for any extra work required due to unknown, hidden or underground features. This may be liable for additional costs.
2.7 AFDC reserves the right to request the customer to consider increasing the value of the quote should the date for completion of the quote become impossible to attain for reasons wholly or partly beyond its control.
2.8 AFDC recommends the customer set aside a contingency sum to cover any unforeseen circumstances which may increase the value of the quote for reasons beyond the control of AFDC.
3. Payment and Deposit Terms
3.1 The customer accepts that he/she will pay AFDC the full sum of the quotation.
3.2 Payment schedule as follows
· Deposit of material costs due in clear funds at least 7 working days before work commences. AFDC reserve the right to defer start dates until funds are cleared.
· For works expecting to last longer than 1 week. Customers will make staged weekly payments for works completed in that week. Amount will be invoiced at the end of the working week.
· For works expected to last less than 1 week. Customers will be invoiced on completion. Deposit terms still apply.
3.3 Unless prior arrangement is made, payment is due immediately on receipt of invoice.
3.4 AFDC reserve the right to cease work and remove materials from site if payment is not made within 7 days of receipt. Our collections process will begin after 30 days which may result in recovery costs and interest being added to the original sum. A formal letter will be sent informing you of the process if this occurs.
3.5 AFDC endeavours to keep to agreed time scales for the start and completion of projects. However, due to weather and unforeseen circumstance keeping to exact dates can be beyond our control. Customers will be informed of delays if they arise.
4. The site
4.1 The customer must provide reasonable access to site for the duration of the contract.
4.2 The customer is responsible for providing access to water and electricity at no additional cost to AFDC.
4.3 Materials delivered to site become the responsibility of the customers. AFDC accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or expense after delivery of materials to site.
4.4 Any accidental or malicious damage caused by the customer, their children, pets or any third party during the course of the construction may incur an additional repair charge.
4.5 All materials and machinery left on site during works become the customer’s responsibility once employees have left the site at the end of the working day.
4.6 All materials on site remain the property of AFDC until completion of the project and final payments have been made.
5.1 AFDC will advise the customer on maintenance of all works and materials to prolong the life of the materials/works for as long as possible. After completion it becomes the customer’s responsibility to adhere to the advice given. AFDC accepts no liability for damages to any works incurred once we have left the site, except where damages have occurred due to bad workmanship.
5.2 It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure they make reasonable previsions to ensure the longevity of the product. This includes appropriate use of the product, maintenance, cleaning and protection of the products to comply with the terms of the guarantee (item 6.1-6.4)
5.3 All watering of plants, trees, shrubs and turf becomes the responsibility of the customer on completion. AFDC cannot accept any responsibility for the survival of plants, trees and shrubs once the contract has been completed.
5.4 Natural products may show some colour and/or texture differences; therefore AFDC cannot guarantee supplied materials are exact representations of any samples provided or any examples depicted in catalogues or suppliers websites.
5.5 Any structural or appearance of finished features is at the discretion of the AFDC, unless agreed in writing by the customer prior to the start of works.
5.6 If a particular variety (i.e. species or material) is not available a suitable substitute will be selected.
5.7 AFDC cannot be held responsible for the fading of colours due to efflorescence which is a natural condition producing very small white particles covering the surface of concrete products. This condition is caused by having calcium hydroxide present as a soluble salt, which leaches to the surface and combines with carbon dioxide in the air to form calcium carbonate (chalk).
5.8 Wood is a natural product, and is therefore susceptible to certain changes in an outdoor environment. Extremes of temperature or weather conditions will cause a reaction. Certain conditions may cause products to split, lose shape or warp. This is natural and in all but the most extreme cases, normal shape will be resumed. AFDC cannot be held responsible for the above taking place.
5.9 In extreme changes of weather conditions, certain plants and materials such as: terracotta, some natural stone and other paving can be affected, suffering damage if not protected. The customer should take the necessary precautions to prevent damage as this is out AFDC”s control.
6.1 Perennial plants and shrubs 1yr
AFDC does not guarantee plants and shrubs that have been damaged
· by under or over watering
· through acts of nature
· through vehicle or pedestrian traffic
· through acts of vandalism
· by being tampered with or damaged by any works by others
· by insects or disease
Turf will be laid to a standard that providing the turf is maintained by the customer will thrive. AFDC accept no responsibility for the following
· lack of watering/ over watering
· disease and insect infestations
· lack of maintenance
· Turf that has been damaged by foot traffic/ lack of light by covering or chemicals.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the health of the lawn after completion.
6.3 Landscaping materials
AFDC will advise on the length of the manufactures/merchants warranties which are variable
6.4 Hard landscaping workmanship 10 years
On completion we guarantee our workmanship for 10 years providing the customer has made reasonable previsions to ensure the longevity of the product. This includes appropriate maintenance, cleaning and protection of the products.
Exclusions from the hard landscaping guarantee
· Damage by any activities or use which would be considered excessive of the integrity of the product. For example placing a pool or hot tub on decking/patio without prior consultation and consideration in the product design to allow for these uses.
· Water discolouration or disfigurement
· Erosion and subsidence which could not be anticipated prior and during commencement of the work.
· Vandalism and abuse of the products
· Any works carried out on the product or within the immediate area which effects the integrity of the product by anyone other than AFDC
· Any damage caused by chemicals other than those specifically recommended by the manufacturer or AFDC.
· Any damage caused by recommended chemicals which have not been administered correctly.
· Any damage caused by acts of nature such as freak weather.
· Material changes, such as staining, discolouring, efflorescence, cracking, and chipping and changes in shape that may occur naturally on wood, natural stone, concrete paving or brick after installation.
· Any wear and tear which would be normal for the age and uses of the product.
· Any damages, wear and tear and changes within the materials or the structure which are not due to poor workmanship.